Cleaning & Preparing
- Surface should be swept then cleaned using Ducan's "The Duke, a Powerful All Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser" or a suitable alternative cleaner & degreaser. Remove any dirt, algae, oil or grease spots that may interfere with the penetration of the product into the surface. In some circumstances acid washing must be done to remove surface film and/or efflorescence.
- We recommend pressure washing your driveway, patio or stacking landscape bricks prior to sealing. After cleaning the surface substrate must be thoroughly dry.
Hint: Paving stones will need to be re-sanded prior to sealing.
- Because concrete products are porous allow an average of 1 or more days after rainfall or washing the surface before beginning the application. This is very important since Ducan Concrete Driveway and Patio Sealer and Glaze will not penetrate wet or excessively damp surfaces.
- Newly poured concrete must be cured for 28 days prior to sealing.
- Before you start we do recommend a small test patch on previously sealed surfaces to ensure compatibility.
I can honestly recommend Ducan products and by doing it myself saved nearly $5000.00 on a 450 square foot deck! Steve Anthony, Okanagan Falls, BCread more »